Netstreams PowerLinX 960
Centrally-located network power supply for DigiLinX
The PowerLinX PL960 is an intelligent power supply that is designed to distribute up to 21 amps @ 28 VDC of power for installations incorporating the SpeakerLinX SL251. Supporting multiple SpeakerLinX products, this tightly-regulated power supply is essential for a DigiLinX system.
The PowerLinX PL960 is a very efficient power supply and features 8 discrete output channels of power for a finite number or DigiLinX devices, via a 4-terminal, removable Quick Connector on the back, for each channel. Advanced thermal protection intelligently protects from current overdraw, and dual-color status LEDs easily provide status information for easy monitoring each output.
- Powers to up to seven SL251 SpeakerLinX components with up to 960-watts of continuous power for a minimum of 5 minutes, as per the EIA/CEA-490-A amplifier test requirement.
- NetPower – All DigiLinX devices are assigned a NetPower rating that indicates how much power that devices draws from a PowerLinX. Using the NetStreams NetPower Calculator, the number of required PowerLinX can be estimated. The NetPower Calculator is available at NetStreams website www.netstreams.com.
- Centrally Located -The PL960 is centrally located power supplies capable used to power multiple devices. DigiLinX devices are connected to the PowerLinX using 16 or 14 gauge wire. It is recommended that 4 wires are pulled to each device. This is required for all TouchLinX and for the SL251 and SL254 SpeakerLinX. These wires connect to the PowerLinX using 4-pin modular connectors.
- Regulated Power – The PL960 is designed to regulate the power going to the DigiLinX devices using a constant current design that ensures enough power is available for all devices. Both PowerLinX prevent current overdraw and use LED”s to indicate when a problem exists.
- Mounting Options – At the rack, PowerLinX can be mounted using a NetStreams PowerLinX rack shelf (sold separately). This shelf allows up to three PowerLinX to be mounted per shelf and includes blank plates to fill in a partially loaded shelf.